Monday, December 31, 2012

Run, Run, As Fast As You Can!

December brought all things Gingerbread!  It was gingerbread books, projects, and fun!  C’s mom made gingerbread play dough with the kids.  That was a big hit!  They played with it the rest of the month!  

P1016049

P1016050

You can’t have all that gingerbread learning without making cookies, so one morning I decided we would do just that.  Each child got a ball of “dough” to make into a gingerbread man shape.

P1016054

P1016056

P1016060

I had my oldest daughter Adrienne in helping for the morning, so I sent her down to put the cookies in the oven.  When they were done we all walked down to the oven to get them.  I couldn’t believe it when we got there and they were gone!  I should have put them in there myself.  Adrienne obviously didn’t close the oven door all the way, and they got away!

P1016063

P1016065

All we found in the oven was a note from the gingerbread man giving us a clue as to where he went.  We had to chase him through the halls to hunt him down!

P1016069

P1016071

We finally caught him back in our classroom!  He can’t trick us!

P1016074

We were shocked to find that all our cookies had combined into one big Gingerbread Man!  He couldn’t outfox us because we’re a bunch of smart cookies!  We gobbled him right up before he had the chance to get away again!

P1016075 

Side note:  The timing was perfect.  Right after all that excitement it was time for music.  I happily dumped dropped them off.  There was a sub.  Poor girl, I should have tipped her for that 1/2 hour:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment